Adventures in Early Blogging
Good morning. The Fuller Saturday AM routine usually consists of Toby waking up around 6 and Dad getting up with him. We go downstairs where Dad can watch TV or fool around with the PS2 or computer and Toby can play with his toys or, more frequently, Dad's remote controls or mouse.
He's now playing with the phone. It's doing the loud beeping thing which means you've had it off the hook for longer than you could have possibly meant to, unless you're having sex. A useful feature overall, and especially reassuring in this case because it means he hasn't called someone in Germany or anything.
I tend to be very laid back and permissive when it comes to Toby getting into things. Usually I only stop him if he's in danger of hurting himself or breaking something that wouldn't be easy to fix. He's allowed to fiddle with remotes, bang on the computer or rummage through drawers. He has accomplished a few impressive bits of mischief, such as deprogramming the universal remote and making all our desktop icons disappear. But I prefer that he be allowed to explore the world over a life of unfailing convenience and functionality.
Well, I'm now living the blogful life as Jenell calls it. Besides being my first commenter by (52 minutes), Jenell is a very introspective and thought-provoking blogger herself. Then there's Victor, a very good friend of mine and pretty much one of the two nicest guys in the world, the other being Jeff. Couple other good ones...KP has a blog that fits my original understanding of the word, which is a log of interesting things on the web... Web-Log. I think the rest of us are just doing online journals, but Kathryn is actually out there doing the research, finding the funny and bizarre links we need to achieve a truly sublime online time-wasting experience. She doesn't bore you with mindless trivial insights into her own meaningless life like this guy. And finally there's Eric, who's funnier than I. Damn.
All these and a few others are posted to my left for your convenience. Remember, my left will probably be your right, unless you're using one of those funny European browsers.
Wow, I've never heard the phone make that sound before. I better go.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home