11.07.2005

24 Hours Later

Well, this space is going to be the Michelle Update Center for a while. If you regularly come here looking for irreverent wit, meditations on finer points of grammar, or links to strange news articles, you'll just have to deal. I recommend any of the links under "More Wastes of Time" to those seeking frivolity.

Toby and I are 'bach'ing it again tonight. I made chili. I briefly considered taking a page from Jen's book and posting a photo of my work, but it's chili. You've seen chili. Use your imagination. I put green peppers in it.

Now I'm throwing in a load of laundry, because I'm just that good. Not any more good, just that good.

We don't know yet how long Michelle is going to be kept in her adjustable bed with her tubes and her compression stockings. They're telling us to expect her to be there for the better part of this week. The good news is that there's no bad news; another ultrasound this morning showed everything as it should be. A magnesium IV effectively stopped her bleeding. They now believe she's been having mild contractions at night; the magnesium counters this. They're gradually taking her off the magnesium and watching to see what happens.

The bad news (I lied; there's always bad news) is that when she does come home, she will likely be on total bedrest, perhaps for the remainder of the pregnancy. March is not soon.

So for now, Michelle would love your calls, visits and prayers. When she gets home, we will be in need of wonderful people to give Michelle's mom the occasional day off from caring for Toby, and Michelle the occasional day off from eating my cooking. Fortunately for us, wonderful people seem to be popping out from everywhere lately.

5 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Rachie Rach and the Funky Bunch said...

I wish I lived closer than 2,000 miles away. It makes it kinda hard to bring over lasagna or help with Toby. However, I will be praying and thinking of you both. I, for one, like your meditative/grammatical blogs as well as your Michelle update blogs, so keep updatin'!

Do you guys know whether you are having a girl or boy yet? Don't know if this is an appropriate time to ask, but I thought the more specifically I prayed, the better. That is actually not true--I just needed to justify my excuse to be curious.

I will be lifting up Michelle in all her stockinged glory and the little one.
love,
Rachel Stratford

 
At 10:29 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Josh Fuller said...

Thanks Rachel. We're having a girl!

And in the interest of old-fashioned nitpicking, Denver is only 900 miles from Minneapolis. So what's your excuse now?

 
At 3:52 PM, November 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to echo all of Rachel's comments. Of course I will have to substitute 14,000 kms instead of 2,000 miles....

Oh ok, it's 13,919.54 kms plus whatever the distance from your house to the airport is.

 
At 9:36 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Stacey said...

as i already mentioned to michelle, put us at the top of the list as far as spelling her mom from toby...mon-thurs work best, as allie goes to preschool those days and the house is a bit, ahem, calmer (at least during the afternoon). also plan to have us help with dinner somehow from time to time- whether you want us to bring it over and eat with you, drop it off, or have you and toby over here so that michelle can have an evening of her own...whatever.

actually, we'll do whatever we can, which will be more as things settle down here. which they are hopefully doing.

 
At 10:50 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger A Viewpoint From Victor said...

Josh-

You know I've been vying for Toby bonding opportunities... I've got The Incredibles and Shrek 2 so I should be set. Just let me know when Michelle's Mom needs a break. I'll show him how a bachelor in Uptown can spoil him rotten!

Victor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home