2.16.2006

The News

I need to go to bed. But I need to tell you things.

Alicia took one whole feeding last night. Her second ever. And then today she took two whole feedings, at 11am and 8pm. I tried at 2pm also, but she persisted in her sleep.

Oh, she's so very beautiful! I'm so very in love with her. I just sit and hold her and do nothing else.

Occasionally her lungs have less fluid now. Her doctor does wish that she was taking deeper breaths. Yesterday Alicia went down to 1L of air per hour, down from 2L. She's getting there.

Oh I love Alicia's NNP (Neonatal Nurse Practicioner). I asked her today about introducing a bottle (because I know she'll have to have at least a couple for supplements) and she said that I shouldn't do that yet. I could if I really wanted, but she didn't recommend it. She is the first doctor type person there who has acknowledged that many babies will stick to the bottle once they get a whiff of it. Oh, she's great. She's even talked about other alternatives to using a bottle.

So when is my darling coming home? Soon! I told Alicia's NNP that she'd better get ready because Alicia was leaving next weekend. She chuckled. Pretty much we're just waiting on her feedings. And taking deeper breaths would help with that. It makes it easier to coordinate sucking, swallowing and breathing when the breathing isn't going 50 miles an hour.

Okay. I need to sleep. That's all you get to know for now.
Thank you every one. Thank you for praying for my little beautiful girl.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger mama2duke&beck said...

whooooo hoooooooo alicia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home