11.05.2008

I'm almost in too good a mood to be sarcastic. Almost.

Four years ago, on the day after George W. Bush had been reelected, my wife and I were at a church event. A right-leaning friend whom I otherwise quite like and is still a totally good guy (not you, Brad, though you are also still a totally good guy), in what I considered a rather obtuse and insensitive moment, flippantly remarked to my genuinely distraught wife, "Oh, you'll thank us." It may be small of me, but I have not forgotten that comment.

$10,588,615,950,225: The US National Debt. Source.
2,000,000: US jobs lost in the last four years. Source.
$500,000,000,000: Money spent on the Iraq war in the last four years. Source.
2752: American casualties in Iraq in the last four years. Source.
61,356: Minimum number of documented civilian deaths in Iraq in the last four years. Source.

So now seems like a good time to say, "Thanks, Republicans. Thanks a lot."

We'll take it from here.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, November 06, 2008, Blogger brad said...

Well said. Speaking as a non-American I would like to say thank you to those who voted. The rest of the world thanks you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home