They Didn't Get Their Singing Voices From Dad
I haven't had a chance to write for a very long time, so there's a very long post coming. We're back on our usual schedule, with Michelle working Monday and Wednesday nights, so that's probably when I'll be catching you up on all the exciting events of the Fuller household (wherever it may be located) and responding to the results of my highly scientific polls.
But for now, Alicia singing the ABC's.
And Toby with his own version, featuring his favorite letter.


8 Comments:
Alicia is SO cute! And smart too :-) Canada sure is going to get a couple of cute smart kids! But does this mean they're going to start talking like Canadians?
It'll affect the way they sing the alphabet, anyway. 10 points to the American who knows the difference between the American and Canadian alphabets.
Oh, well that's too easy. Do I still count as an american and get the 10 points? It's that final letter. It always messes me up when I'm singing the ABC's to Sophie too - I sing it both ways. But I find that I really prefer it the American way, because of the rhyming. "Zee" sounds so much nicer in the song. "Zed" just sounds dumb. And that's my professional opinion. So she hears both ways. I'm curious to hear which way she'll actually sing it first.
BTW, I LOVE the kids' singing. :)
If Alicia doesn't count as an American anymore, then can I have the points? I was going to say the last letter of the alphabet, even before I read her comment. You see, I lived in the country she's living in and got teased when I asked what they were talking about when they said "zed". It just doesn't sound quite right, I totally agree with Alicia. (Should the comma after right have been a semi colon, or is a comma alright there?) Maybe we could both get 10 points :-) But what are the points good for?
Semicolon.
Points can be redeemed at your local Canadian Tire. 30,000 points will get you a free hockey stick. 50,000 is good for an igloo starter kit, and 100,000 gets you a dogsled.
I think Zed sounds way cooler. If you don't believe me, ask Strong Bad. Or just say the name of the band ZZ Top the Canadian way. Way cooler.
That's not the only differance. If you look closely the the "D" in the American alphabet is getting kind of worn out. You see it's pulling double duty as a for "t" in many words.
American "t"s seem a bit slack sometimes.
I couldn't agree more. Also, Americans don't spell difference with an 'a'.
Opps, yeah that's pretty much just me
Post a Comment
<< Home