I am an American Citizen, so help me God.
Well, yesterday was the day. The ink, as Victor puts it, is dry. With 664 other immigrants from over 80 countries, I raised my right hand and took the oath of citizenship, which honestly does conclude with the above phrase. Then we watched a video in which the president welcomed us as fellow Americans, received voter registration cards in order to let him know what we think of him, took our complimentary guns and McDonald's coupons and went forth into a brave new world of freedoms and responsibilities. Strangely, in getting back on the highway I found that I had completely forgotten how to merge. But on the plus side, if my lucrative illicit drug operation is ever discovered, they won't be able to kick me out of the country now.
In news of even greater ominousness, KP recently linked to this article, albeit rather surreptitiously. Just wanted to point it out in case you missed it...with the warning that it's not for the faint of heart. Someone who still believes that global warming is a hoax perpetuated by scientists and the liberal media, please convince me. I miss sleeping at night.
That's all I've got for you. You're dismissed.


5 Comments:
Congratulations on your citizenship!! That global warming stuff is freaky. I have no idea why it has turned into some political issue, as it is scientifically possible to note temperatures and changes, etc...
How did this get blamed on some wacked out liberal?
Enjoying your blogs Josh :)
and incidentally, today you're my hero. (maybe not for long, but probably at least for the week.) I want to get my Aussie citizenship and do the dual thing. it all seems a bit to much anti-fun government paperwork to mess with at the moment. so today, i admire your bravery.
Josh-
Congrats bro! The ink is now dry!
Welcome to all of the "rights and priviledges there unto appertaining". At least that's the language on my degree when someone last conferred something on me.
You've navigated the paperwork in a "post 911 environment" interfacing with the US government. That in and of itself is a significant accomplishment.
See you at church Sunday!
Vic
Did you read State of Fear? I'm not sure that I'm willing to toss out everything I've ever been taught about the planet, but it made me think.
Also, congratulations.
I haven't yet, although I've faithfully read every Crichton book up to now. I probably will eventually. But his last two books were so bad...he seems to have lost his knack for making the impossible seem plausible. Timeline and Prey, in my opinion, were just silly and ridiculous. They weren't nearly as believable as Sphere, Eaters of the Dead, or Jurassic Park (the novel, people, I'm talking about the novel! It was a good novel, dammit...the grandfather dies in the novel...).
Post a Comment
<< Home