1.29.2006

T-Wolves Talk

Anybody still not liking this trade? It was lot of fun to watch the Wolves play in Texas this weekend. Ricky Davis really seems to fit well with KG...he's aggressive on both offense and defense, and with Kevin on the floor he can afford to be. A couple times last night my jaw just dropped at the way he was able to stay in front of guys like Ginobli and Bowen as they came off of picks. And he scored 46 points in his first two games. Wally who? Then there's Blount...the knock on him was supposed to be that he didn't rebound. I'll take five offensive boards against Tim Duncan anyday. I know they lost last night, but who doesn't in San Antonio? You gotta be happy with the fight they put up.

Okay I'm done.

More movies:

6 -- March of the Penguins
It's easy to see why this film was so popular. Although slow-paced even by documentary standards, its photography is awe-inspiring and Morgan Freeman's dry narrative successfully anthropomorphizes its two-toned subjects. He actually makes you believe these penguins are experiencing complex emotions, when they're probably only thinking, "It's really cold."

7 -- Mona Lisa Smile
Forgettable fluff about girls in a conservative private school in the 1950's and the lessons they learn from Art.

8 -- Chasing Amy
Kevin Smith's third film (the only one I hadn't seen yet) continues his infatuation with clever dialog, but lacks the quirkiness and surreal feel of the brilliant Clerks and the flawed but lovable Mallrats. Jason Lee and Dwight Ewell make up for Ben Affleck and Joey Lauren Adams, but you still just have to suffer through Jason Mewes.

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Kira said...

I just posted about March of the Penguins last week! I agree that it was a beautiful film, and even though slow I enjoyed it thoroughly. But the narration did leave me feeling sorry for the penguins. Really, why should we feel sorry for these birds? They are living in the only climate they know, their natural habitat. And you're right (even though it was hard to keep this in mind during the film) that the most complex emotion they're probably capable of is "damn, it's cold."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home