10.10.2005

Happy Thanksgiving, eh?

Before I begin, I should warn you. Skip this next paragraph. It's just sulking. Pathetic, really.

Response to my last few posts has been nothing short (long?) of underwhelming. Actually, ever since I stooped to begging for comments, I've received far fewer than I had previously been wont to. Not even to tell me I misspelled 'misspellings.' May other bloggers learn from my mistakes. Begging doesn't get you far, be you dog or blog.

Thanks for indulging me there. On to the good indifferent stuff.

I've long nursed a secret desire to have bumper stickers made for the purpose of adorning not my car, but the cars of others. My favored idea is to have them bear the single word, "COMPENSATING." I could then, at my leisure, stick them onto the backs of Hummers, Expeditions and those pickup trucks whose owners have so endearingly added an extra set of tires on the back, as though they were driving the first evolutionary transitional stage toward semi-trailers.

But now I'm starting to think there could be a real market for what I'd like to call Other People's Bumper Stickers. Think about it. You could anonymously affix them to the posteriors of the vehicles of family, friends, strangers you followed home in a rage...

CAUTION: This vehicle stops at all green lights and yield signs

Learned to drive by watching television

My other car? I totaled it.

Thanks for accepting my apologies in advance.

But I haven't used up my minutes for this month yet!

Your suggestions are welcome. Perhaps someone will now tell me that there is actually a business that does this sort of thing and point me to their website. If so, my having a blog will not have been in vain. Vain, yes, but not in vain.

Couple other things before I let you go. The latest Guinness record claimed by a Canadian: The world's largest tooth. And congratulations to the U of M for winning an Ig Nobel Prize for their thought-provoking study, Will Humans Swim Faster or Slower in Syrup?

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger This Girl said...

I liked the Caution: I stop at all green lights and yield signs. How about:

Caution: I slam on brakes when a car merges into the next lane.

Caution: I stop before moving into the turn lane.

Left turn around the world in progress.

I think you can make a right turn from the left lane... So sue me.

I'm sure I have more. I'll post them later.

 
At 8:21 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger Jimmy said...

SWINiTT: Signaler Without Intention To Turn

TWITS: Turner without Intention to Signal

Finally: "Start Seeing Me!"

 
At 9:16 PM, October 16, 2005, Blogger Stacey said...

I was always highly amused as a teenager by the company that sold circular stickers with a picture of a screw on them in the back of my dad's National Lampoon magazines...see, the idea was, you'd use them on other people's bumper stickers to cover up the *heart* in "I *heart* my golden retriever" etc. Childish? Yes. But very funny.

A few years ago, Jeff actually put an unwelcome bumper sticker on the car of a friend...said friend is very proud of his musical taste, so Jeff affixed a free Newsboys sticker he'd gotten at a festival to the friend's car. Needless to say, the friend was not happy when he found it a few weeks later (apologies to any Newsboys fans who might be reading this).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home