2.11.2007

Cell Phone

We don't have one.

But now we need one.

And we don't want to commit.

Here's the deal. We are going to list our house with a fabulous Realtor named Lisa Martin. She's with Smart Move Realty. While she hasn't sold our house yet, boy do we recommend her. She gave us a list of all of her real estate transactions for the last few years, including list price, selling price, and days on the market. She asks a low commission but still gives the buyers' agent the standard 2.7%, so that buyers' agents won't shy away from the property. She has lighted yard signs. She's nice. She's got lots of extra certifications. She fully discloses exactly what she's going to provide. But best of all is The Button. She gives you a button to put out when showing the house. After the buyers' agent is done showing the house, he or she clicks the button which calls your cell phone to let you know you may come home now. Great!

Oh yeah...we don't have a cell phone.

So what we really need is some sort of temporary cell phone. We might be moving way way out of the area code, and really don't want to have this cell phone for two years. We'd like a cell phone for a few months. And really, just for this purpose.

I know you have lots of advice for us. Let us have it. Tell us what store, what price, what brand.

Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger Rachie Rach and the Funky Bunch said...

Your realtor sounds great!! I am by no means whatsoever a cell phone expert, but they have these cell phones that are prepay only that are about $29 at Target, and then you can put minutes on them at your discretion.

They aren't always as reliable as a bigger company which has a more extensive network, but it might do the job cheaply and temporarily.

Again, I accept no responsibility if this is a ridiculous idea or if you are on hold for an hour or more with their customer service trying to get activated.

Colorado is also a really nice place to move :).

 
At 10:19 AM, February 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest the same thing as the lovely Rachel. But be warned--you are playing with fire here. The addiction begins within hours.

 
At 12:43 PM, February 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you... I don't really need a cell phone but there are those times when it is really nice. I knew I wouldn't use it enough to warrent a monthly fee or 2 yr contract. I have a pay as you go phone from t-mobile. The minutes don't expire after a month like most of the other companies but will last you a year. You can get set up cheap at Target or Walmart or even cheaper on ebay. Beware though, most of the phones on ebay are sold with out the SIM card... which turns out is pretty vital. Learned that the hard way. SIM cards are also cheap on ebay. Good luck...

By the Way, did we tell you we're expecting #5?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home