11.17.2005

Health and Help

My mother arrived yesterday from Vancouver. So Toby and I should be much better fed for the next week or so, and the cleanliness of our clothes may be benefited also. Toby is excited to have yet another audience for his ever-expanding arsenal of antics and abilities.

Toby's voice is still a little hoarse, but we all went to see Mama tonight anyway. Toby hadn't seen her for three days, and more importantly she hadn't seen him for three days either. We had a very nice reunion and stayed past Toby's bedtime.

Perhaps I haven't been as frequent and as thorough in my recent depictions of Michelle's condition as I was when this began, but for the most part, no news is good news. She has contractions quite infrequently, not often enough to warrant too much concern it seems. The bleeding is very little, but hasn't stopped. To oversimplify, she is doing well enough to hope that the baby may remain in her womb for several weeks yet, but not well enough that we can talk about her coming home soon.

Michelle is taking it a day at a time, trying not to be overwhelmed by the possibility of staying in that bed for another two months yet or unnerved by the possibility of Alicia arriving sooner that we'd like. As I've said before, visitors help the days go by and help take her thoughts beyond the doors of her room. We're very thankful to everyone who's called and visited her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home