7.10.2009

The Road to a New Car

Last Saturday
* Josh writes Ernie a check in USD
* Ernie writes Josh a check in CD

Monday
* Go to RBC. Learn that cash won't be available for 5 days unless certified.
* Go to CIBC to certify check. The bank is closed.

Tuesday
* Go to CIBC. Certify check.
* Go to RBC. Make deposit.
* Josh and Caleb go find a car. Guy wants a draft (cashier's check).

Wednesday
* 9:30am go to RBC. Can't get a draft because I don't have the guy's name with me.
* 4:07pm go to RBC. It's closed.

Thursday
* Go to RBC. Get draft.

Friday
* 9am Pick up Opa Don (Josh's step-dad), drive to buy car. I can't buy the car because I forgot my license.
* Opa Don drives the dealer's car home so that he can go to work.
* I drive our borrowed car home to get my license.
* 11am Drive to Opa Don's and trade cars.
* Drive back to the dealer. BC car insurance comes to insure the car. As an adult basic education teacher, I'm comfortable saying that the guy's level of literacy is a bit below what the job requires. One year of insurance costs 1/2 the price of the car. Once we provide our driving record, it will be a mere 1/4 the price of the car.
* 1pm Done, I drive home.
* McDonald's. The children were wonderful the whole time. They earned some salt, grease, and sugar.

Yes, so we now own a Toyota Echo. I love the car. As long as there's nothing wrong with it, we got a good deal. For the next car (which I am so not in a hurry to buy) I think we'll want one that can fit 3 car seats in the back. We'd also like to get good gas mileage, hence no minivan. Any recommendations for wide cars?

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, July 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings dear Fullers' Fond memories of ''Laid Back'' KK Auto I hope?? The silver Focus found a good home with our niece Anna in Spencer Ia. who just passed her behind the wheel with a resounding 99 flunking parallel parking per the norm for us all.
Very happy for you all and this new chapter in your life! Janet

 
At 8:26 PM, July 14, 2009, Blogger Michelle Fuller said...

You better believe we miss KK Auto!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home