I Don't Blog Much
While I was in Canada, one of my faithful lurkers jovially chastised me for writing less these days. It's true. I haven't been able to make the time as often lately to record my deep thoughts and insightful observations. So tonight, I shall take the time to at least make excuses.
What have I been doing when I could be blogging? Lots...
Filling out forms.
We are getting close to having Michelle's papers in order to send in to Canada. It has taken up a significant part of my free time for the past couple months and I am looking forward to being done with it for a while. But on the moving to Canada front, there is more to be done, starting with registering Toby for kindergarten. We know what school we'd like him to be in, now we just need to call in on the designated day and hope he gets in. That day is this coming Wednesday. After that, Alicia needs a preschool and Josh needs a job. Stay tuned, we will post details as we know them.
Playing with kids.
Alicia is definitely three now, and Toby has been ready to turn five for some time now. They are at very fun ages for playing. Mama encourages a lot of art and creative time, and Dada likes games, Lego and general craziness. Alicia is always cracking us up with some cute turn of phrase. Just now I asked her, "Tomorrow is Saturday. What happens on Saturday?" She replied, "Monday!" And Toby continues to impress with his reading and powers of reasoning. But of course he still has an unpredictable sense of humor as well.
Reading.
For Christmas, my mother gave Michelle and me both gift cards to Chapters, pretty much the Canadian Barnes & Noble. We went, and upon returning I informed her that I had spent her gift card on a comic book. Her reaction didn't disappoint me, but then I explained that this comic book was named one of the 100 best novels of the 20th century by Time, called "peerless" by Rolling Stone, "remarkable" by the New York Times, "groundbreaking" by USA Today, and "a masterwork representing the apex of artistry" by Entertainment Weekly. Last night I finished it, so I am here now to tell you that Watchmen is an excellent book. It's hard to compare a graphic novel to the regular kind, especially since this is the first one I've read, but it's a damn good read. And it's going to be an incredible movie.
With her gift card, Michelle picked up The Time Traveler's Wife, which she has not been able to put down. She is constantly torn between telling me how good it is, and wanting me to read it as soon as she finishes, which she knows I will not do if she tells me too much. But I gather it's really good.
Watching TV.
I admit it. I watch more TV now. When we moved in October, we signed up for digital cable, upgrading from the most basic of basic channel lineups. We have a lot more channels now, which means I mostly watch more basketball. Cleveland is playing Boston right now, and looking very impressive. I'm also eagerly anticipating the return of Lost, and when Michelle has time we both love to keep up with Pushing Daisies.
And of course, there's the rest of life...keeping a larger house reasonably clean and in order, seeing friends, and trying to get out once in a while. Michelle and I are dumping the kids at Granny's next weekend and absconding to an undisclosed location for some undisclosed time alone. In this case, details will not be posted.


3 Comments:
Alicia asked me yesterday, "Mama, where is your life?" I love her new verbage. It's so fun!
The Time Traveller's Wife really is an excellent book.
Michelle - Time Traveler's Wife: "When you're done, may I have a turn?"
The excuses are definitely valid BTW. You could also add "figuring out our friend's list of computer questions!"
Post a Comment
<< Home