The Next Thing
Her steroids were supposed to wear off last night and they expected to see some backsliding. But so far, so good. I've been calling NICU so much more often, just waiting for things to get worse, but her oxygen needs are still around 35% on the CPAP. But hey, there's always more time for bad news.
Her weight is increasing! Two days ago she gained 40g. The next day it was 50g! I thought maybe something was wrong. For the last two weeks she only gained 60g and 75g the whole week and here she is with 90g in two days! That's 3 ounces! So I thought for sure she'd have lost some when they weighed her tonight (they weigh her at midnight everyday). But no, she's gained another 10g. So now she's at 1170g, 2lbs 9 oz. She's finally up one pound since birth.
In NICU there's always another thing. We're hopefully done with the heart issue and the ventilator. Maybe we're done with the steroids. Her lungs might just be almost there. She's finally gaining weight. She passed her first three head ultrasounds with a flying lack of color (red). Now the eye exams begin.
It is in fact 3am. I was up to pump. So how about I don't try to explain the eye thing just now. Suffice it to say that she doesn't have any problems yet, but they've started to look for them. It's another thing that I didn't know was on the list of things we'd have to check off. She'll have exams every two weeks. I think they'll continue until the doctor knows that she's got healthy retinas.
Okay, I'm going back to bed. Josh is up there sleeping with the light still on.
Michelle


1 Comments:
My prayers are with you!
Post a Comment
<< Home