Here it is
Dr. Maynard called. The MRI declares that the lumps are just hemangiomas! That's a good thing. No one generally cares much about hemangiomas. That was, actually, the diagnosis of the rude doctor. Now, hemangioma is a large category. This is, in a sense, the un-diagnosis that I was expecting. They could still be this type or that type, or they could indicate this or that.
The best news of all, in my mind, is that there is but one 4mm lump inside of her body! I was the most worried about lumps in her brain or other inconvenient places. The tiny lump is in her liver and the most paranoid doctor or mother could care a bit about it. That is the piece of news that a biopsy would not have been able to tell us. That is also the piece of news that will put this mother to sleep the most soundly. Woo-hoo!
In slightly other news, we've decided to do tubes for Alicia's ears. At the same time the tubes go in, Dr. Sidman will take out one lump for a biopsy. Then we'll go from there. I'm back in familiar territory dealing with doctor's appointments. I'll make the appointment tomorrow.
Oh, I'm so very relieved. I'm so glad that he called today. Oh, I really like Dr. Maynard. The conversation was lots about what I wanted to do next. I like that. A biopsy will be an easy thing since we'll be doing tubes anyway.
You don't get a call tonight. Sorry. In the next five minutes a babysitter and a good-looking man should appear and I will depart the house with one of them. If you want to know where we're going, read the long long post way down below.
Yeah!


4 Comments:
Yeah! I bet having some answers made the Hip that much Hipper.
I'm so glad you got some good answers!
Love you Michelle! so glad for some relief and some answers and a helpful, supportive doctor. Hope you guys have an awesome time tonight!
Dear Michelle and Josh,
We read with great pleasure that you got good news!! That's wonderful!! We'll be in MN on May 28 for about a month. Hope we can see you. We still remember our great visit with you last time. Can't wait to see Alicia and big brother Toby. Hope he remembers Gil. Love always, KR
Post a Comment
<< Home