7.08.2009

At the grocery store today the clerk asked me if I wanted any cash. What's the answer? It's my fourth time there. They haven't asked me this before. Is it a rewards program? Have I earned cash with my points somehow? Because you earn points at grocery stores around here.

At the bank this morning there was a sign. 'GIC 1% Special offer. Ask for details.' Should I ask?

5 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, July 08, 2009, Blogger brad said...

If you're paying with a debit card they're probably asking if you want to withdraw additional cash when you pay for your groceries. They add the amount you want to the total of your bill and then give you the cash. It's like having an ATM at the grocery store. Amazing.

 
At 8:28 AM, July 09, 2009, Blogger Josh Fuller said...

We're using a RB credit card, but it might be able to the same thing, I suppose.

I only know what "GIC" means when you're playing cribbage.

 
At 8:56 AM, July 09, 2009, Blogger Leyna said...

I think it will get better Michelle. You could always just play the dumb American and ask if they're giving away money for free :-) Here's what GIC is: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/sav/20040614a1can.asp

 
At 11:09 PM, July 09, 2009, Blogger Licia said...

:) I remember thinking the same thing at first when they asked if I wanted cash! They do that here too - you can get cash out with your groceries. But sometimes they ask you and sometimes they don't.

 
At 6:00 PM, July 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get cash back at US stores too with a debit card

 

Post a Comment

<< Home