A Tale of Two Doctors
Today we saw the good doctor. Dr. Maynard. He ordered an MRI, which hasn't been scheduled yet. He knows that the last guy I saw was arrogant and has heard other mothers complain on the topic. He also commented that Dr. Arrogant is often right. Still, Good Doctor doesn't agree with the hemangioma diagnosis, so we'll do an MRI to check it out. Remember the spot in Alicia's lung? He could tell me positively without checking any notes that it is not caused by any of these lumps. Lungs are his area of specialization, remember. He also said she still could have lumps in her lungs. But these lumps are really not expected to be more than a cosmetic issue. If we did find any internally, he said we wouldn't take them out. I have read on multiple websites that you are more likely to die from general anesthesia while trying to extract them than you are from the lumps themselves.
So I feel good today. Honestly, it's because it feels like someone else is taking care of my baby girl besides me. And Josh and Toby.
Toby's quote of the day:
(While hitting Dad's elbow) "Dada, I'm hitting your arm nipple!"


2 Comments:
I think your son may have a little too much experience with nipples.
Kayla
My sister's girl (with CHARGE syndrome) sees Dr. Maynard - the same one? Expert pediatrician, pulmonologist, crazy-smart, white hair? He seems like a superstar doc. Sorry things are so hard for you, but it's so good to see glimpses in your writing. Good to see the word 'ex-preemie', too!!
Post a Comment
<< Home