1.07.2008

Everything Old Is New Again

Toby can read a whole book! Our camera, by contrast, can only store 50 MB.



2008 is a week old, but today is really the day that a new year starts. Michelle is back to teaching two nights a week and taking online courses towards a Master's degree, Toby and Alicia are starting new endeavors, and I'm probably back to blogging once a week, Monday nights. We'll see.

Among the aforementioned endeavors are swimming lessons for both Toby and Alicia. For Toby this is familiar ground, but with a new teacher and new classmates. Alicia has never been in lessons before, though she is comfortable in the pool from our family trips to the YMCA. This session, their lessons are Monday nights right after dinner (well, 30 minutes or more after dinner, ideally) and since Mama's working, Dad gets to get wet! Tonight was the first night. Alicia made it clear that she would rather have had Mom, but we did fine. She has a really nice teacher and two fun girls to splash with, one older and one younger. Judging from the raucous laughter from the other end of the pool, Toby had a good lesson too.

Tomorrow will be another first, as Toby starts a preschool class without Mom. He's had ECFE classes before, but those were parent participation classes and now he'll be getting dropped off and picked up. He's almost as excited as Mama.

And yes, we parents have our own excitement going on. Michelle's dual roles as teacher and student keep her busy, but we've learned from the experience last fall and have made some plans to keep things from feeling out of control. I'm still mentoring Thursday nights, which has been great. And we're planning trips to Phoenix in March and Vancouver in May.

That almost felt like writing a Christmas letter. Okay, so you're up to date on us now. How are you doing, anyway?

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, January 12, 2008, Blogger Licia said...

Adorable! Way to go Toby. I love his cute and mildly bored sister in the background :)
Ok...I am duly embarrassed. I will blog soon. We are well. Actually, it's 4:30 AM and I am awake because Sophie slept until 3:00 without waking tonight (that's 8 hours for her), and she hasn't done that in over a month, and I don't know what to do with myself...I was so extatic I couldn't go back to sleep! That story and more, coming soon to a blog near you. But I'm so glad YOU guys keep your blog up to date. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home