A Hair-owing Thought?
Toby has a new aspiration, and I can't deny being a little bit proud.
Toby wants to be bald.
These are his own words, and were not prompted by any input from his father, nor any other bald or formerly bald friend or relative. No, Toby is his own man, and his wish to be hairless is inspired by one of the truly great bald men of our time. On the back cover of our copy of The Giving Tree is a photo of the impressively glabrous dome of its late author, the incomparable Shel Silverstein.

So not only as a former sporter of the shorn scalp, but also as a fan of truly great (and startlingly irreverent) children's literature, I am fully supporting his new wish.
Right after Aunt Brianna's wedding.
In other news, Alicia has been just a little bit sick for quite a long time. And now, just as she's getting over it, Mama's been hit quite hard. So it's extra sleep for her and a little extra TV for us three kids. It helps us put up with Dad's cooking.


4 Comments:
Lovely. Zachary wants a mohawk. I'm not so encouraging.
Just like his Uncle Victor!
Hey, you need to get blogging! I'm at work; you have all this free time. Go get witty.
Gimme a break, I've been sick. And after all, this is The Best NBA Season Ever.
Post a Comment
<< Home