2.18.2006

S-M-R-T

Josh here. You're going to laugh when I tell you what I did today.

My mother's Christmas gift to me this year (or one of them, for they are always multitudinous) was to pay the fee for me to take the Mensa admittance test, and, should I qualify, the membership fee. It has been an idle curiosity of mine whether I would be smart enough to get in, but I've always believed that paying thirty dollars just to prove to other people that you are intelligent would have a counterproductive effect.

So with my mom footing the bill, today I took the test. Tests, rather, for there were two. I don't find out for a few weeks whether I proved worthy, so stay tuned to find out if you are indeed reading the blog of a certified genius, and if so, what my excuse is for that fact being so inevident.

In the world of Alicia Grace, all is well. Michelle was given the okay today to be Alicia's sole source of food from 1pm until 9 this evening. She's doing better and better with feeding. Her lungs are getting better too. We're really getting close. It's so hard to believe that she will actually come home.

The ICC has four private rooms...rooms where only one baby stays. They have chairs for parents and visitors and offer a little more privacy for feeding, etc. One of the babies in one of these rooms is going home tonight, and Alicia will get to move into the private room. Very fun for us.

We're so thankful for how well things have gone in the last week. Even at this late stage, few preemies progress this smoothly. The other three babies in the room where Alicia is now are all larger than her, but all have had problems recently. Infections, breathing trouble, frequent spells...there have been some scary moments. One of them was ready to go home but didn't pass the carseat test...being able to breathe while slouched like that. So no matter how late in the game it is, there's always the danger of something going wrong, and always a reason to pray and be thankful for how far we've come.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger A Viewpoint From Victor said...

Josh & Michelle-

That's great news about Alicia! I'm so excited for both of you and want to see her soon. I'll coordinate with you Josh.

As for the Mensa, we already know that you're inteligent. We don't a test to tell us that... :-)

Victor

 
At 9:52 PM, July 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought most girls naturally get their mensa at about age 13.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home