A Typical Day at the BCA
I generally don't blog about my work, because it really isn't that interesting and I have a hard enough time just trying to explain to Michelle what it is I do all day. But sometimes a day, or even just a morning, encapsulates how unusual it can sometimes be to work at the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
This morning I sat through a three hour class on Software Testing Methodology, while directly across the hall a class was being given on the cleaning and assembly of Remington rifles. After the mid-morning break I was quite late getting back to my class and looked longingly through the opposite doorway where 20 people sat in orderly rows, each with a very large gun set neatly before them. Now that's a class worth staying awake for.
I was, as I mentioned, late in getting back to my own slightly less interesting class, for a very good reason. I was apprehended during the break by two guys whom I will call Tim and Alfred (because those are their names) and drawn into an intense 45 minute session during which more progress was made on our current project than had been in the entire previous month. I'm not exaggerating. It was a fun and exciting session, and I found it rather difficult to return to my class and focus on the finer points of integrated test strategies.
So I thought that was a morning worth sharing. And to top it off, on the way home The Current played three consecutive songs which I liked. Come on guys, you call that variety?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home