10.03.2007

Who you callin lazy?


Every year the YMCA does a thing called a "Lazyman Triathlon." The idea is, over a period of five weeks, you're supposed to complete an Ironman Triathlon, which is 2.5 miles of swimming, 112.2 miles of biking, and 26.2 miles running.

Michelle accomplished this feat during the summer, when the Y was officially sponsoring it. She got a free tank top as a reward. Then she figured, anything she could do, I should be able to do (perhaps with the exception of forming children within a uterus), and suggested I take a shot at it.

Well, I didn't need a Lazyman anything to tell me I was in worse shape than my wife, but I was up for the challenge. Last night I finished the last 5 miles, one day before the deadline. No free T-shirt for me, but I do get the satisfaction of feeling a bit more fit, and it's nice to know that if I was ever stranded in the ocean 2.5 miles from shore, I could swim to safety. In five weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home