Hi from Michelle
I'm really not worthy to be typing here. My name is Michelle Louise Fuller. I live at Abbott Northwestern Hospital room 5481. The rent is pretty steep, but, well, what are you going to do?
Hello world. I'm not really sure what to tell you. I'm fine. I feel like I shouldn't be, that I should be sobbing and weeping and making you feel sorry for me. But I'm fine. Maybe I'm fine just because you're praying for me.
Josh says I could tell you what I'm thankful for, since it's Thanksgiving. I laugh. I'm thankful that I don't have a catheter in. I'm thankful that I get to sit on the toilet to poop. I laugh. The ability to change perspective quickly helps me to survive. I haven't been sitting up even to eat lately and I don't much care. I'm really just glad that I have the one most important thing left that I get to sit up for. Stop, no feeling sorry for me, just laugh.
Okay, I'm sitting up now, and well, I shouldn't be. So perhaps I'll write more later. I just don't look forward to typing while laying on my side.
See you.
Michelle


1 Comments:
Michelle, you're fantastic! I love you!
Today, we're travelling on a plane to New Zealand. that's 3 hours. then we're driving from the city where we land out to a little town. that's about 2 and 1/2 hours. Most of the day will be taken up with just sitting still, standing around and waiting, sitting some more. the forced idleness of travel. and i don't mind it. i'm REALLY looking forward to it actually. i read your blog this morning and was reminded how much you love travel. how all the little things that many people complain about don't phase you. you just put yourself in the mindset to be wherever you are. i love that about you. maybe that same kind of thinking is kicking in now at the hospital. granted, it's a bit more full-on forced idleness...and there's probably not quite so many interesting things to see out the windows. but i know you find lots of interesting things to see.
still today i think of you and pray for you and Baby girl. and that your loved ones who are there bring you the most beautiful thanksgiving!
can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment
<< Home