I don't blog much
I'm actually busy. Often working on my thesis. But I'm procrastinating now. I turned in the first draft of the first few chapters in mid Dec and I haven't hunkered down again since. Who wants to? Where's the motivation? Even if I work my bum off now, I'll still be lucky if I finish in 2010. So. Okay, soon. Soonish.
When I never blog, where do I start?
Okay, my children. Toby is lovely. He's slightly less in love with his mother than he was in September, but that's progress. He recently told me who he was going to marry from his school class. I don't approve, but what do I get to say?
Alicia is lovely. Yesterday while we were discussing Barbie's breasts, she said that they looked like "bad guy's breasts." I was proud.
I taught my first ever preschool Sunday School class on Sunday. It was a blast! The class meets before church, and I'll be their teacher each week. Complete with a flannel board. I had 4 little kids this Sunday, but there could be more. They are oh so cute! Two out of every five Sundays Josh will co-teach the school age Sunday School class.
This past weekend was Ernie's 60th birthday! We had a party for him, complete with some out-of-town relatives. It was an event that we would have missed if we didn't live here, so I was very happy that we do. The most lovely part for me was figuring out that Josh has a cousin only 4 hours away who has a six-year-old boy who loves Legos and a four-year-old girl. Awesome! It's ideal to have a cousin who comes to your house every morning (Kacia) and a grandpa and uncle who live in your house. But there's also something lovely about having (second) cousins your age whom you can see a few times a year. You don't see them often enough for them to get boring.
Life is good. Toby's best-friend-that-he's-ever-had comes over to play every Monday after school. This is Monday, so that was today. It was a good day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home