3.12.2006

A little progress

The feeding tube is out. She's actually been taking everything by mouth since 11am on Thursday. I'm sorry we haven't told you sooner. But the second part is gaining weight and she wasn't doing that until yesterday. She'll need at least three days of steady weight gain now to come home.

But then there's her lungs. On Friday she had blood drawn and her CO2 level was high. Her NNP is trying to explore whether there are other issues with her lungs that we haven't uncovered yet. So, I'm really unclear about whether this will keep her in even if she's eating well enough, or if they'll make some other change. The NNP will be back tomorrow, so I'll talk to her then. And we'll see if she gains weight tonight.

Oh! And Toby! He's so funny. Yesterday he said to me, "Mama look! My toes are running!" Today there was, "Eat dirt!? (pause) Just kidding." Oh he makes us laugh so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home