The All-Purpose Excuse
We didn't mean to skip church tonight, honest. But we just didn't want to leave.
We had a good time tonight with the Elwoods, ordering pizza to Michelle's room and just hanging out having good conversation. Michelle and I have always had the best conversations with people who pretty much disagree with us about everything.
The discussion never even veered near politics tonight, however, with Erik and I sticking to movies, Kerry and Michelle pondering the finer points of natural health, and me nearly ruining the game for Kerry, who taped it. But I still managed to disagree with Erik about John Cusack. Not about a particular aspect of his career or anything, just the entire actor in general.
It was fun to have a little get-together and feel like life was normal in Michelle's closed off little world. Toby and Zeke were alternately cute and cranky, and occasionally acknowledged one another's presence in the room.
Michelle continues to do as well as can be expected, with bad days every so often. The roller coaster is becoming normal, but it's still no merry-go-round. Michelle is frequently discouraged and frequently hopeful. To the visitors, thank you, thank you, thank you, and keep it up. A call is nice to let her know you're coming.


1 Comments:
I think he's great. Erik thinks not.
Post a Comment
<< Home