It's Official
I got my results back from Mensa yesterday. For those of you just joining us, I took the tests to apply for membership back on February 18, mostly because my mom volunteered to pay for it. As I've said before, I believe Mensa's recruiting process to be severely handicapped by the fact that they only accept people who are very intelligent, but not quite so intelligent that they won't pay thirty bucks just to prove it.
Ah, well. My mom also promised to pay the membership fee for the first year, which she now must do because I passed. Or qualified. Was accepted. However you want to say it.
I know what you're thinking. Well, a few of you are thinking "geniuses aren't what they used to be," which I certainly agree with. But what I meant was, many of you are wondering what my IQ is. Uh...me too. They don't tell you. The only result you get back is You're In / You're Out. Being accepted means that your IQ is higher than that of 98 percent of the general public. The general public scores differently on different tests, so while a 132 on one test might get you in, you may need a 148 on another test. Mensa will accept you based on results from many different tests besides their own, but they offer their own test once a month. So if you're sitting there scratching your head and going, "If Josh can get in, how hard can it be?" then I'd encourage you to go for it! But to answer your question, I generally score between 140 and 160 on most fake internet IQ tests like this one.
Well. I was intending this to be a post based heavily on bragging, but it ended up being a kind of public service announcement for Mensa. I'm going to have to work on this self-approbation thing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home