1.01.2010

So Many Movies, So Little Time

It would seem a whole new year is upon us already. I'm sure many of you dear readers were recipients of our Christmas letter, so I don't need to recount all of the reasons why 2009 was such a remarkable year for us, but as 2010 dawns we find ourselves living in Canada, enjoying the holiday season with family and friends, both old and new. As I write, Toby is wildly shrieking with joy while playing in his room with a friend, Kenny, from his kindergarten class, and I just found out from talking to Kenny's mom that I know his dad from high school. In fact, we commuted to UBC together for a while and were in a car accident together once.

So that might be considered indicative of life these days. Also indicative is how badly the content of this blog has been dwindling, youtube videos aside. From time to time I think of a topic I'd like to expound on, but it doesn't occur as often as it used to and life keeps us busy. But rest assured, we will keep the cute pictures and videos coming, and write a little extra when the occasion arises.

As for today, it has become this blog's tradition on the first day of the year to post the complete list of all the movies I watched in the previous calendar year. This year's list is pathetically short, what with all the moving to another country that I had to do. That's right, I only watched nineteen films in 2009. I suck.

So here they are. In past years I've given each movie a letter grade, but this year you get the best at the top and the worst at the bottom. So it's more of a relative scale than an absolute, which seems somehow more Canadian to me.

I will probably watch more than 19 movies in 2010, but I'm also reading a lot of books now, what with my 90 minute bus ride every morning. And evening. So I might have a book list next year too.

And now, the movies. As always, my value judgments are universally true and binding, above reproach, and will be vigorously defended on request.

Awesome
Inglourious Basterds
Slumdog Millionaire
Watchmen
Gone Baby Gone
Invictus
Lords of Dogtown
Charlie Wilson's War
American Buffalo
Away We Go
Star Trek
The Hurt Locker
Choke
Quantum of Solace
Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden?
Sicko
Evan Almighty
Where The Wild Things Are
Everybody's Fine
Elizabethtown
Awful

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, January 05, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 3:09 PM, January 05, 2010, Blogger Josh Fuller said...

Uh...this has to be spam, right? This blog is clearly getting progressively worse, not better.

 
At 11:04 AM, January 11, 2010, Anonymous Travis G said...

Definitely spam. Your blog's not THAT good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home