bites!
The last two mornings I've woken up with more than 20 tiny bug bites on my arms. Agh! They are itchy as all get out. Last night I didn't want to get into my bed for fear of more bites. And more bites I received. So today the bedding is getting washed in hot water. I've killed three spiders in the basement and garage.
Any other ideas? Should I be going to bed with bug spray on?
Help.


4 Comments:
And of course, nary a nibble on me. Our bugs have good taste.
White sheets can be bleached.
There are a number of anti-bedbug treatments you can get from the store to treat your mattress and carpets. You can also use those nasty chemical fogger anti insect treatments but you might need to get the family out of the house for a while till it disipates.
If you're looking for a more natural solution, take the mattress outside into the sun for a day and steam clean the carpets.
Good Luck!
If you can catch a bug dead or alive you should be able to find an expert who can identify it. In Oz ground fleas abound in a hot dry summer and can be tracked inside and find female hormones irrestible.
If you choose to use the aerosol bug bombs. Seal the room and set the spray off - read the directions. I've used them in our house with no damage to tropical fish or plants or even people. Our boys were quite young but I realise you may have to take some extra precautions because of Alicia. If you know and trust an insect proofing man he might help - otherwise your friendly neighbourhood doctor.
Dan's right about sunshine but you might need a lot of it for a mattress and pillows. Maybe treat yourselves to new ones after you get the carpet steam cleaned and give the other bedding the hot wash and sunshine treatment.
If the bugs turn out to be fleas, the eggs can lie dormant for 3 months and then hatch so unless the treatment kills eggs, you'll need to do it again.
Now for the itches.........Can you buy a product called Pinetarsal in the U.S.? It's good for itches. Other products that are good and readily available in Oz are an ointment called Eurax and a nappy rash lotion called Curash, also Aloe Vera.
Good luck,
Pam
Thanks Aussies. I haven't been bitten again since those first two nights. I really think it was a spider. I'm just hoping that he had enough and won't be back. We'll see. Thanks so much.
Post a Comment
<< Home