The Big Day
My sister's wedding was beautiful. We didn't take any pictures of the ceremony or the reception, but there will be plenty of those floating around and I plan to post my personal favourites later. For now, let me just say that I never imagined what it would be like to see my baby sister actually get married. The thought is nearly as foreign to me as the thought of Alicia one day getting married. I suppose it will happen, but I can't actually picture it.
So Brianna is a wife now. Mrs. Brianna Wood. What a ridiculous thought. I was eight years old when she was born. I can remember her learning to walk.
I didn't actually get to see much of the ceremony, because I was keeping my own daughter, who hasn't been walking that long either, entertained. Wasn't I just doing this with Brianna a few years ago? The beautiful woman in there in the long white dress?
I did get to enjoy the reception, of course, after dropping the kids off with a babysitter (Auntie Stacy rocks for finding us one!). It was great fun, hanging out with cousins who seem to get cooler and funnier every time I see them, and hearing Caleb's friends and parents praise his character, loyalty and sense of humor. But unlike most weddings I've been to, I didn't have to rely on the speeches to get a feel for what the "other" person getting married was like. I've gotten to know Caleb on the last couple trips, and I'm thrilled to have him in the family. He's a lot like my other brothers, very funny, extremely handsome, into movies big-time, and a worthy opponent at Lord of the Rings Risk. But mainly, I'm just excited that Brianna will have such a great guy, because she deserves it for being the incredible person that she is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home