5.03.2009

In the bag

What? It's only May 3rd. I just finished my final exam and final project for my second-to-last course today. Now I have to write my research report, and I'm done. Till when? Oh that is the question.

I've been planning on taking a class this summer. It's only offered in the summer. I'd like to be finished by this time next year. If I . . . Okay, so my husband said, "I won't let you take that class this summer." I turned slowly. I smiled. I looked at him for a while. I waited for more. Perhaps a fakish manly gesture or grunt of some sort. An attempt at a demeaning, I'm-your-God-appointed-head sort of stance. But he merely continued watching his game. In his very Josh, passive, I'm not quite as addicted to basketball as everyone might think, posture. I had to go next. Why? is what I offered for my turn. I think his answer was, because you won't be able to work on it for three weeks. (If you are unacquainted with online learning, mine is of the type where you don't just go at your own pace. You have things to do every week together with other people.)

So. If I'm not teaching this summer and I'm not taking any classes, on what can I base my worth?

I think I'll take my time on the research writing. I might feel better with it hanging over my head for a while longer. I'll miss it when it's done.

For the bored and over-literate. . . this was actually on my exam (that's handed in already). Come up with pairs of phrases can that pose segmentation issues for learners. Examples:
a tax on city buses; attacks on city buses
Paula praised; Paul appraised
nitrate; night rate
a tease; at ease
You get the point. I had to come up with two more.
Pete's a man; Pizza man
loser; lose her
What can you add?

6 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, May 04, 2009, Blogger brad said...

world issues; whirl dish shoes

 
At 10:35 PM, May 04, 2009, Blogger brad said...

cowboys and barry's; cow boisenberries

 
At 10:51 PM, May 04, 2009, Blogger brad said...

the official ask and seat; Theo: fish Alaskans eat.

 
At 10:53 PM, May 04, 2009, Blogger brad said...

we'll be stern; will beast turn?

 
At 10:56 PM, May 04, 2009, Blogger brad said...

ok that's enough for now; oh Kay, the tizzy nuffer now.

 
At 11:53 AM, May 11, 2009, Blogger Josh Fuller said...

Go for; gopher.

Realize; real eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home