Area Man Writes Blog Post Imitating "The Onion"
In an unimpressive and pointless exercise of online inanity, area man Josh Fuller posted an article to his weblog, or "blog," written in the style of popular news-satire website The Onion Friday.
Whether the effort was begat of a lack of sleep, desperation at having gone without a post for nine consecutive days, or sheer boredom, remains unclear. "Bloggers," as they are called, are not restricted in what they may publish according to any standards of quality or good taste, and it is all too common to see such pathetic oddities in what is sometimes called the "blogosphere."
Fuller's blog, which rarely strays from the typical mixture of self-righteous ranting, pointless ramblings, and reasonably cute pictures of young children, has been particularly devoid of entertaining material of late, and the speculation immediately following Friday's posting was that Fuller might finally be running out of material.
Reaction to the uninspired attempt at self-deprecating humor was mixed.
"I guess it wasn't bad, as far as Onion send-ups go," said actual Onion writer Louis Neprud. "He had the tone down, and there was a decent sense of irony there. He even included a quote from a fake expert, like we always do. Still, what's the point? I mean, it's been done to death."
Fuller was reported to be pleased with the piece, and refused to rule out the possibility of future posts in a similar vein. "Of course I won't do this kind of thing again for a while," he insisted. "I'll get up some more shots of the kids soon...they've been really cute lately. "I could see doing a fake Fox News article or a Sports Illustrated kind of thing. Maybe even a parody of one of the other people on my blogroll. Ha, that would be hilarious," he added with an inexplicable guffaw.
At press time, none of Fuller's readers could be reached for Comments.


0 Comments:
<< Home