6.18.2006

Yipee!

Alicia rolled over! I couldn't wait to tell you. I couldn't write a bunch of stuff before just out and saying, Alicia rolled over! She didn't mean to, but what baby ever does? She did it a bunch of times. I lost count. We put her on her belly often, and she's gotten so strong. She lifts up her head the whole 90 degrees and pushes herself up. But she kept putting her left arm too far out to hold herself up and over she'd go.

I was so so very happy. I was just laughing and laughing with happiness. Each time she makes a new step I think, "Oh, now I'm not worried anymore." And yet, wasn't I not worried anymore last time she made progress?

Anyway, I'm flying high today. We took pictures, but...well, our camera broke and we're not going to fix it. My dad gave us his camera, but we don't have the software to get the pictures onto the computer. Feel free to bother my dear husband about getting that figured out. But wait till tomorrow; today is Father's Day.

The other beautiful thing is that Alicia has now gone for four days without using her nipple shield! Yeah! Nipple shields are wonderful things and we couldn't have come this far without it. But using it has caused my milk to decrease. I've been so worried about my supply. But today, baby, we're in business. I've got plenty to go around today. Come on over with a cup.

It's a good day. We'll have pictures to prove it soon. Well, pictures of Alicia that is, not my breasts.

Yes, by the way...Alicia is 11 lbs now, and 23 inches.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Jasmine said...

Good Girl Alicia and YAY for Mama too.

Michelle im so glad that she is doing so well.

Love,
Jasmine

P.S. Call me sometime.

 
At 2:04 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Licia said...

I cannot WAIT to meet her! ahh... they grow up so fast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home