The latest
We're all growing and changing over here. Josh is done with his bit of changing, but the rest of us keep plugging along.
Toby is a big boy. He is now spending his nights in a big boy bed, complete with Bob the Builder sheets. For naps I'm afraid that he just can't stay in bed long enough to fall asleep yet...he still takes those in the crib. He continues to make longer and longer sentences. Today as he was eating imaginary soup in his room, he wouldn't let me try any. He told me to make my own soup. He's using plurals. You don't notice until you start hearing words like "oxygens" and "mooses". Toby keeps me moving.
Alicia baby! You all pray for the best things. She has begun to sleep without being in my arms during the day now. I just have to put her in the vibrating chair or on her stomach. Since we happen to have a monitor, we don't need to worry about SIDS for now. This means I can spend better time with Toby and get a few things done. So now you can pray that she sleeps more at night. I'd say she's an average month-old baby in that department.
We saw the pulmonologist on Tuesday. Alicia is to now take her Lasix only every other day and her electrolytes only once a day until we run out (this week). Continue caffeine only until we run out (tomorrow?). Oxygen is down to 1/8 L/h. In two weeks we'll get a pulse oximeter. Then we'll take her off of oxygen for one night. The pulse ox will alarm if her oxygen saturation falls below 85% and we'll wake up and do stuff. The next morning she'll go back up to 1/8 again and the info from the pulse ox will go to the doctor to decide if she gets to come off of oxygen for good. He wants Alicia to be on the every other day Lasix schedule for two weeks before testing Alicia off of oxygen.
This is so great. It feels like it's so soon. Time with Alicia home has gone fast, and we're so used to her being on oxygen now. I think she's ready though. Oh, it will be great. And already we get to give Alicia meds only twice a day instead of four times. It's great. More and more she's becoming a normal baby.
Oh, and me. I'm going to start back to work, subbing. I got a call today to sub five nights in May. I'm excited. It will be good. I'm thinking that I'll teach a steady two nights a week in the summer.
So life is good. We so happy. Oh yes, and very tired. I've got some serious darkness under my eyes. I'd best bed myself now. Good night.


1 Comments:
Michelle and Josh~
It's so good to hear that Alicia is doing so well. I am so proud of her and only wish Spencer was still here and doing that well.
Well just remember Spencer is watching over all his friends from Children's.
Love ya'll,
Jasmine
Post a Comment
<< Home