5.15.2005

A Blog?

Yeah, I don't know. I've opted to remain off the blogwagon for quite a while now, and I've never been one to follow a trend years after it's ceased to be a trend and become the status quo. I have quite a few friends who have been blogging (and presumably reading each other's blogs) for ages while I did neither with the same resoluteness with which I have remained cell phone-less. It's not that I actually have anything against it, it's just that I don't know if I care to read everything that every schmuck who happens to be my friend has to say.

If I were a better man I would add that I also don't know if everyone else cares to read what I have to say, but sadly I can't say that. Of course they do. What I have to say is far more interesting, important, funny and modest than that of most other carbon-based life forms. Which I guess is the other reason I haven't blogged before now. My ego needs to be kept on a chain.

But it's all in good fun, and in fact I do enjoy reading other people's blogs. So send me yours, tell me what you think of mine, and put my ego in its place.

Incidentally, what I have done in the past is write Massive Impersonal Group Emails to my friends (mostly back in Canada) keeping them up to date on my life and entertained with my rapier wit. These emails, known as MIGEs, became something of a franchise and I fully intend to continue them. There's an archive of sorts here. I also used to do movie reviews, more of which will undoubtedly appear here from time to time. But I don't see movies that much any more, and lately when I do they turn out to be total wastes of time.

Speaking of total wastes of time, I need to know who else in my circle of friends is up on blogging. So like I said, send me your blog so I can check it out, and we can talk blogging, swap blogging tips, blog about our blogs, blog about blogging about blogs, blog blogging blog blog bloggity bloggablog blog.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, May 16, 2005, Blogger Jenell Williams Paris said...

Hi Josh! Here's to living a blogful life, while remaining cell-phoneless.

Jenell

 
At 7:10 PM, May 16, 2005, Blogger A Viewpoint From Victor said...

Josh-

Welcome to the fold. Now that you've crossed over, I can hardly wait to hear your unique and well-reasoned thoughts about our little ole universe and everything inside of it.

I'll be a regular reader!

Victor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home