2.18.2009

Self-Righteous Indignation, part II

Regular followers of this blog could consider this post a sequel to the Catholic school post. As a further example of our occasional moral outrage against the surprisingly mundane, we offer this puzzle, which Michelle recently picked up at a secondhand sale.


The puzzle shows a rough map of the world, with playful, light-hearted illustrations of the people and animals who live in various parts of it. Alicia, a puzzle addict, had probably assembled it several times before I noticed one particular illustration.


"Have you seen this?" I asked my wife, pointing out the machete-wielding, turbaned warrior on horseback right next to the "Middle East" caption. She hadn't. The puzzle was in the trash the same night.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, February 19, 2009, Blogger Leyna said...

Don't all people in the Middle East ride horses while wielding machetes?

 
At 9:35 PM, February 23, 2009, Blogger Brad said...

I always thought they wielded scimitars. But, I'm not in Mensa. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home