3.17.2007

thoughts.Random();

A US study shows that the change to Daylight Saving Time actually results in more energy being consumed.

We have cinnamon-flavored dental floss in our house. Kinda makes me wish I had taste buds between my teeth.

Still having a Bush sticker on your car tells me:
2004 - I support the war in Iraq. We need to stand by our president in wartime.
2005 - No one said it would be easy. I don't regret my vote.
2006 - I don't care what you say. At least he doesn't cut and run.
2007 - I don't change my mind just because of a few facts. Fuck you.
2008 - I tried; it won't come off.

Toby is potty training. Our approach is to let him be naked all the time. He's such a cautious kid, he wants to stay on the potty all day. We don't have to watch him to make sure he doesn't forget; we have to encourage him to get off the seat and play a little once in a while. Oh well. Wish us luck.

I saw 300 with Victor and Jeff last weekend. Victor said it would be two days tops before I wrote a post on it. Well, I didn't write a post on it, but here's a paragraph. In terms of sheer spectacle and moviemaking greatness, there are few comparisons (The Matrix, Lord of the Rings). In terms of plot, character and acting, it's very strong. In political terms, it's a strange movie for our times. It features a massive, nearly limitless army attacking a small, defenseless adversary with almost no provocation. It also features passionate speeches about the importance of defending freedom and justice, and about citizens supporting their country's army in a time of war. But you know what's funny? It's the leaders of the small, defenseless country who make those speeches. Kinda gives them more of a ring, I think. Or it could be just that the acting was better.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Brad said...

If by "defenseless" you meant to say that Spartan warriors were the fiercest on the planet, with Sparta as a city-state being one of the most powerful in ancient history, sure.

 
At 6:28 AM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Josh Fuller said...

Wait, this was a true story?

 
At 7:27 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Brad said...

Dude. Even if you're not going to supplement the story with history, the film alone was enough of a corrective on your story.

 
At 10:45 AM, March 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know, what was the deal with the Persian mutant with weird crab-blades for arms? WTF???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home