2.15.2008

The pancakes were flat yesterday. Toby suggested that maybe I forgot the baking powder. I didn't figure out what baking powder did until I was in my late 20s. I did tell him about baking powder. That was months ago. Oh, I like this kid. He's been doing smart things lately.

He can read three-letter words most of the time with no help. But I'm not sure he likes to. I'm trying my darndest not to push him, I promise. It's so fun to hear him read. I learned so much about reading from my class in the fall, that it's so fun to watch and know all of the things he gets. I keep meaning to give you a post about how to teach reading. Some day.

Alicia counts! You can ask her to count and she says, "two, ee, ix, ine, what?!" Oh, it's so cute! Sorry, we don't have it on tape yet. The other day Toby was counting. After he said seven, Alicia said eight. I remember Toby doing that at this age too. And it was the number eight, too.

When I shower in the morning, Alicia hands me a towel as soon as I shut off the water. Two days ago I finished and took my own towel before she came running in. Today she was not about to miss it. Halfway through my shower she grabbed the towel and stood there waiting with it.

Katrina asked about my best children's music ever. It's Elizabeth Mitchell. She has also recorded music as a band named Ida. Josh also got They Might be Giants children's music from the library lately. And that's good stuff too. "C is for conifer" Seriously. If you liked They Might be Giants in another time in life, well, it's the same idea.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, February 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Michelle! I can't wait to find some. Leyna loves music. Actually, we were looking at some of the blog links and Derek's plays music that she really liked. She was sitting in my lap and it really relaxed her so much that she almost fell asleep :-)

 
At 10:41 AM, February 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura Berkner and Justin Roberts are goos, too.
Kayla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home