And yes, I am inviting your ridicule.
By now I've heard this statement many times from many sources, but if you don't run in the sorts of circles where this is common knowledge, allow me to clue you in this simple, curious fact.
Jon Stewart is the most important journalist in the world.
The argument writes itself, of course. Of the people who get all their news from one place, more get it from him than any other one place. The Daily Show is insightful, up to the minute, concise, and frequently accurate. And most importantly, Jon Stewart will often deliver not merely the funniest take on current events, but the most intelligent, well-researched, even truthful explanation of what they ultimately mean to us as Americans. You don't even have to be a liberal to see this, though it sure as shit helps.
Am I guilty of overstatement? Well, yeah. But just watch for yourself.
| The Daily Show With Jon Stewart | M - Th 11p / 10c | |||
| Baracknophobia - Obey | ||||
| ||||


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home