2.11.2006

Hey, I made a pop culture joke!

I'm going to keep letting Michelle tell you how things are going. I'm not as good at updating the situation without making things sound too nice, too scary, or just getting something wrong. But that doesn't mean I'm going to shy away from inflicting my own twisted perspective on you once in a while.

We're short one car this weekend. Remember when I drove into the ditch and had to be towed out? Well, Triple-A made a crack in our bumper when they did that, and now they're fixing it. So no Focus til Monday. Which means anywhere the Fullers are going in the next two days, they're going in a very small two door car. We may not go many places.

Michelle is spending more time at the hospital, which means I'm spending more time home with Toby. We're getting along pretty well. I think he's developing a taste for Tool and System of a Down. I don't see Alicia as much, but when I do see her I can always hold her, which is wonderful. She spends more time being alert, and even protests when she's being changed or moved around too much. Voicing opinions makes her seem like such a big girl.

Couple more movies...
9 -- The Pink Panther
Sheer perfection. Peter Sellers and David Niven achieve a sublime harmony between slapstick and sophistication. Like its titular treasure, this film is a gem all the more precious for its imperfections. The plot requires more suspension of disbelief than Tom Cruise's marriage, but the comedy is pure genius. Let's all pray that no one ever turns this timeless classic into a painful, formulaic, witless remake.

10 -- The Ladykillers
Only barely worth watching. Tom Hanks does sell his character, and it's interesting to watch such a bizarre conglomeration of diverse styles of humor, but there is little beyond that to make this film worthy of the Coen name. It's almost as if this were a painful, formulaic, witless remake of a timeless classic.

By the way, did you watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies? That was incredible! In my opinion, we need more people whose heads are on fire on television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home