File Under "TMI"
You're going to laugh when I tell you what I did today.
Maybe. The men might just wince.
Yes, dear readers, I am sad to report that I have taken the necessary action to remove myself from the gene pool. The world will just have to content itself with two of my progeny.
Now here I sit with a bag of frozen peas between my legs. I will soon make the transfer to the couch, where I intend to remain for several hours. I'm not expecting a lot of sympathy from my wife, considering my former fertility has put her through one 48-hour labor and one C-Section. I am, however, expecting cheesecake.


10 Comments:
congratulations? You are wise not to expect sympathy. I must say I was not the nicest wife when a certain someone at our house mentioned being "uncomfortable" after said surgical proceedure. After I reminded him that his discomfort would not lead to hemoroids, stretch marks, months of interrupted sleep, the inability to take a full breath for four months, and the loosening of every joint from his neck down, he remembered to keep his thoughts to himself.
ok michelle, he's told you not to give him any sympathy. that means you are not suppose to give him any sympathy. although ya'll have two cute little kiddies if i say so myself.
"Now here I sit with a bag of frozen peas between my legs."
Uh, dude, are you referring here to a makeshift icepack made from an actual bag of frozen peas, or is it a metaphor for what you're left with following your, um procedure?
Either way, intended or not, the irony of the pun is sublime.
I definitely think some cheesecake would be in order.
Okay...
Carla - Well said. Gulp.
Jasmine - I just said I didn't expect any...I didn't say she couldn't give me any. A guy can still hope.
Dorsey - The former. But I did think the choice of vegetable was quite appropriate. And welcome, by the way.
Kira - I was only certain of the confectionary comfort because Michelle had made it the day before. And I ended up having to get it myself. But it was yummy!
There is an awful lot of "no sympathy" talk here.
Josh I think it's admirable that you "took a hit for the team". If that leaves you uncomfortable, for a while then you deserve a certain amount of respect for that.
Of course don't expect as much respect as 48 hours of labour would buy you.
Enjoy the knowledge that none of us will ever buy frozen peas without thinking of your sacrifice.
Thanks Dan...I know a lot of Dans, but I'm going to assume by your correct spelling of 'labour' that you're the Australian one.
That would be an accurate assumption. I can see why Mensa accepted your application.
I have now joined you Josh in the Seedless Grapes Society.
Yay Jeff! Congratulations...sort of. Well, you certainly have been 'fruitful' up til now.
Post a Comment
<< Home