8.24.2005

Blogger's Block?

I have to admit I've been at a loss lately for subject matter to sink my blogging teeth into. By now I think I've established my go-to themes...I could do another bit about movies; I saw two recently that I consider absolute masterpieces. But since they were Thirteen and O Brother Where Art Thou?, I would be, as usual, a little behind the times in raving about these. I could talk about Toby some more, since his verbal abilities are just taking off. Michelle estimates his speaking vocabulary at over thirty words, including "dactor" (tractor), "wadder" (water), "dut" (dirt), "baby" and "piss" (please). But like you care. Everybody learns to talk; I can quite understand a failure to muster enthusiasm for yet another example of it occurring. I could, as I've been considering doing for some time, rant and rave about the brilliance of Matthew Good, a songwriter from Vancouver who throughout Canada enjoys/suffers about the same level of celebrity as, say, Coldplay, but is utterly unknown (by choice, he claims) in the rest of the world. But I'm as guilty as anyone of ignoring musical recommendations from people I don't regularly eat with. He's brilliant; I consider him among the most talented vocalists and lyricists alive today; let's just leave it at that. Oh, and Michelle and I met him before a concert in Vancouver, thanks to my cousin the radio DJ.

Or I could just point you to a few pages out there on the wide weird web more worthy of your time than this one. Let's do that and call it a day.

Now that I'm a US citizen, I'm more likely to go to heaven! Score.

After complaining to Comcast about her bill, a Chicago woman found that the friendly folks at Customer Service did indeed make a change to her account...they changed her name to Bitch Dog.

Who says SUV's aren't environmentally friendly?

Of course you heard about Pat Robertson calling for the assassination of Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez. I wonder if that "love your enemies" thing will ever catch on with Christians...

I've been meaning to link this for a while now. You have to be a computer geek to get it, so most of you will just have to trust me that it's hilarious.

And along the same lines...

Well, Michelle and I are going to the State Fair next week, so I'm sure I'll have lots of tasty, deep-fried observations to offer at that time. Until then you'll just have to content yourself with a slightly different sort of irony. Irony...ha...I kill me...

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, August 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you pushed through it.

katie

 
At 1:03 PM, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Thirteen is brilliantly done!

Colleen W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home