Pity Me
Shaw once said that it was a crime to waste youth on children. Something similar could be penned about how much it sucks to be sick. You get a day off, but you're sick so you can't enjoy it.
You're also too sick to be all that clever in a blog post. But I'm still writing one. This was to be my last work day before our Christmas trip to Canada, but instead the vacations starts today, with me bundled in front of the computer/TV, my throat torturing me every time I swallow and my eyes closing from lack of sleep. I sure hope I'm feeling better tomorrow, but more importantly I hope nobody else in our family has to suffer through this during our long day of flying and driving tomorrow. Say a prayer for us if you like.
But no matter how badly it begins, this vacation is always a pleasure. Christmas with Canadians, warm Vancouver weather (okay, it's been unusually cold there, but still warmer than here), and the grandparents, aunts and uncles all marveling at how big Toby and Alicia have gotten and all the grown-up things they say and do now. But our kids won't be able to hog all the attention this year; I get to meet my new niece for the first time tomorrow. And there's a new stepdad in the picture too, with all of his side of the family to meet. Then of course, the usual board games, beer, turkey and presents. I can't wait.
Now if I can just keep down this piece of toast...


1 Comments:
I when you were planning to travel to Vancouver, you weren't expecting to get over 70 cm of snow....
Post a Comment
<< Home