Things We Should Have Blogged About
It's been a little while, and we've been negligent. Several newsworthy items have escaped representation here.
i. Alicia is sitting up!
On Saturday, September 30th, Alicia went from sitting up for 10 seconds to sitting up for 10 minutes. All of a sudden, she just figured it out. Her world is changing fast. In fact, the next two items are also Alicia.
ii. She has a tooth!
Very difficult to see, but if she gnaws on your pinky finger, trust me, you'll know. It's on the bottom, right in front.
iii. She's eating solid food...well, she's being offered solid food.
She has, on occasion, swallowed a couple spoonfuls of mashed banana or squished squash. But she's not thrilled about it, and Michelle doesn't intend to force the issue at this juncture.
iv. Michelle had a birthday.
Saturday. She is now two less than the square root of two to the tenth power. She would like you to know that the highlight of her birthday came while we were all at the table eating cake (made from scratch by her husband) and Toby, apropos of nothing, exclaimed, "Nice shirt, mama!" She was indeed wearing a new shirt, which no one else had commented on.
v. My mother visited.
She was here pretty much just for the weekend, but that was enough to celebrate Michelle's birthday with us as well as Canadian Thanksgiving, which is today. She had a blast with her two grandchildren, and even watched them Saturday evening while Michelle and I went out for a quiet, romantic dinner, which, as has already been established, was not the highlight of her birthday.
vi. I do indeed have sideburns.
In fact, all of my hair is getting longer. I haven't cut it in six weeks, which is twice as long as I've gone without cutting it for pretty much the past twelve years. I may start periodically posting pictures of my newly hirsute noggin for your review. It would be right in step with all the other inane things I unabashedly expect my readers to care about.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home